badge

Tuesday 1 March 2016

Paragliding in Kalimpong!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all" ~ Helen Killer


I went to Kalimpong last year summer with the motive to tick some of the items in my bucket list. I wanted to try adventure sports such as Paragliding and river rafting. Though I couldn't do the latter due to bad weather conditions, I was successful in living one of the best days of my life on the day I flew in the sky for about ten minutes.


We reached the Kalimpong Paragliding society. I could see many paragliders in the sky and I was determined that I am going to do it. To be honest, there was a little lingering fear in my mind, but I was extremely determined to overcome my fear and experience the oneness with the sky. The excitement was much more than the nervousness. 

There were two kinds of flight, medium flight of 10 minutes and long flight of 20 minutes. As it was my first time, I decided to sign up for the medium flight that was priced at 3000 INR. 

I got introduced to my pilot who was a very friendly guy. He assured me that there was nothing to worry and that it will be a life-changing experience. He told me to not move when we are flying and to carry the selfie stick. 


We climbed up the hill and got ready for the take off. My Dad accompanied me in climbing up the hill and motivated me to enjoy to the fullest, without letting any fearful thoughts enter my mind. I was extremely motivated by Dad's words and told him to click pictures with my camera. 

During the take off, my pilot was running towards the edge of the cliff. As the cliff neared, I closed my eyes for a few seconds. When I opened my eyes, I was in the midst of the sky. 


I uttered a loud "Wow!" I was overwhelmed with reverence and amazement. I looked around with the eyes of a child. I couldn't stop reveling as I gazed at the lush green carpet, the hills, the tiny roads, the cars and people that looked like toys. It was as if I was seeing the world for the very first time. The heavenly beauty and the delicious tranquility were injecting my soul with an abundance of joy and fulfillment. 

It took a few minutes for the feeling to settle under my skin that I was actually amidst the sky. The wind was kissing my face with a secret welcome message and the sky was embracing me in its tender bosom. 


The view changed as we flew from one corner of the sky to another. As we were flying, my eyes fell on a blue bird that was flying a few hand distance from us. I kept looking at the bird with eager eyes and assumed that the bird was also looking at me, wondering, "What are these humans doing in my territory?"



Those ten minutes of Paragliding were the closest I have ever felt to Nature, to my soul and to God. I was flying in those ten minutes, dropping every single baggage that I had. 


I was one with the Nature and in complete harmony with my soul. I could feel every single heart beat of mine. I felt so alive, young, jubilant and full of positive energy. All the toxic thoughts that were there at some corner in my mind got cleansed by Nature. 

I was reborn again. I fell in love with life again. Finally, it was time to land. I could see my Dad waving his hand at me as we were landing. I felt so happy to see him. Those ten minutes felt like a really long time as it had a such a huge impact on me.


After landing down, I hugged my Dad. I couldn't say a word as I was still lost in the euphoric feeling. It was definitely one of the best days of my life and I felt so good to relive those moments as I was writing this post after almost a year.

You can read my post Dear Kalimpong, I heart you to know more about the beautiful place.

"Nothing is permanently perfect. But there are perfect moments and the will to choose what will bring about more perfect moments." ~ Mary Balogh


Indian Bloggers

40 comments:

  1. What are these humans doing in my territory?...Ha ha ha
    True Purba, I can feel the joy as I myself experienced the adventure.

    http://lifethroughmybioscope.com/paragliding-was-in-my-bucket-list/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just read your post, dear. Yes, the adventure was too good :)

      Delete
  2. It feels something like deja vu. Have you published it before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really...but I mentioned about it in my travel post about Kalimpong :)

      Delete
    2. That link I checked. It has different pics. Have you used the 5th pic in any other post of yours or shared it on twitter?

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a thrill that must have been. I am yet to experience the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed! Do try it. I am sure you will enjoy a lot :)

      Delete
  4. Those 10 minutes you spent in the mid air is definitely a true happiness. Accompanied by your Dad gave you more happiness. :) Thank you for sharing this post Purba. It cheered me up :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Prasanna so true. Dad motivated me a lot. And it turned out to be one of the best experiences of my life. I am so glad that this post could cheer you up :)

      Delete
  5. Whoaaa!!! Brave girl 😊😊 loved he pictures! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great, Purba. Looks like you had lots of fun. Awesome pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. True...sometimes we need to do things for our heart and soul. Wonderful experience it must have been, flying like a bird. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. True...sometimes we need to do things for our heart and soul. Wonderful experience it must have been, flying like a bird. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It Must have been an amazing experience. Looks so much fun.

    Garima, http://www.sweetsharing.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great experience dear.. Your pics reminded me my experience with paragliding in Silong valley :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is super thrilling.
    Never experienced something like this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pictures! Thrilling experience for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Paragliding and river rafting are in my bucket list too. Great pics.. Seems you had a real blast. It should have been an amazing feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Who could have written better about this near enlightenment experience than a poet/writer of your stature, Purba...
    Loved the words you have used to describe the meditative feelings up above in the sky:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is beautiful and great experience......

    ReplyDelete
  16. Guess what, I have done parasailing but still not paragliding! Loved your post and looking for an opportunity to get this off my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow...Truly an amazing experience..sometimes we need to keep our heart and soul happy ..Flying like a bird is so much fun..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woah dear! That must have been a one-of-a-kind experience totally. I am yet to experience this thrilling moment in my life but yes your excitement totally peps me up to try the same. Thank you for sharing such a mesmerizing experience with us dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow this is sooo much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I went paragliding too last year at Mont Blanc and the thrill is exactly what I see in your post :) awesome Purba :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful adventure. I have been wanting to go here for long now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow!! Good on you!! On my unticked list still...

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so thrilling.. You're lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am truly pleased to read this weblog posts which inxludes tons of helpful information,thanks for providing these data paragliding

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow. Didn't know Kalimpong had paragliding! Another reason to visit...

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow..it's really amazing post..i want to do paragliding..
    NEWS

    Education

    Movie Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for
    your next post thank you once again.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Awesome blog.I really appreciate your effort on putting such thoughts in the post. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)