badge

Saturday 9 January 2016

A Roller Coaster Ride called 2015!

“I’m sharing my #TalesOf2015 with BlogAdda.”

As I contemplate about 2015, I feel that it was a thrilling roller coaster ride that I managed to survive. The year was full of highs and lows in equal proportions. And it flew by so quickly, not giving me enough time to contemplate and introspect. It was truly a roller coaster ride. 

In the professional front, the year was quite good. I was busy the entire year juggling with various projects. However, in the mental or emotional front, the year was like a tempest in which I was trapped. Everyday was like a battle that I had to fight with myself. I almost fell into the abyss of depression and was under antidepressants for a month. 

Despite all the turbulence, I kept on working as I believed that without my work, I will lose everything. So I did not let my personal life interfere with my professional life. And today, I feel like embracing myself for being my own best friend and savior in 2015.

On this roller coaster ride, there are 5 important things or lessons that I learned:

1. "A true friend never abuses or blames you. A true friend understands, forgives and gives you the right advice, if you move towards the wrong direction ."

2015 made me realize who my true friends are. You won't believe, but due to the emotional ordeal, I was going, I fought and quarreled with almost all my close friends. There have been some really ugly fights this year, when I thought I have lost so many of my dear ones. But as I said a true friend understands and forgives. 2015 has been a great eye-opener for me.


2. "Hard work has no substitute. If you continue doing the hard work, you will surely be rewarded."

I give full credit to my moments of happiness of 2015 to the hard work that I did, despite the conflicts and turbulence in my life. My poetries and short stories got selected to be published in a total of 7 anthologies in 2015, 4 of which are scheduled to release in early 2016. I also completed penning down my 3rd novel. I won 6 blogging contests. Overall, it was a rewarding year.





3. "Take risks, once in a while. Without a little adventure, life would lose its meaning. You need to listen to your heart beats closely to admire life. And that is not possible unless you dive into an adventure."

When I went to Kalimpong in the summer vacation of 2015, I was not sure I would go for Paragliding. Just before the takeoff, when I was looking skeptical about my decision, the pilot told me that only when I take risks, I can discover the beauty in life and living. And he was so right. The ten minutes when I was flying in the sky amid the hills and trees, I fell in love with life all over again.




4. "It's not possible to undo a tragedy like death. Acceptance is the key, but you can keep the person alive in your heart for as long as you are alive."

I lost my cousin sister in 2015. She was two years younger to me and we both shared the same sun sign, Gemini. We had a lot of similarities and there was a deep bond between us, though we never met on a regular basis. When I learned that she succumbed to depression and had a tragic death, I could not come to terms with it. It shattered something within me. However, as months passed by, I accepted the reality and made peace with the fact that I will keep her alive in my heart always.

5. "There are some people who bring out the best in us and make us better human beings. There are some people who bring out the worst in us and we become a person we can't identify properly in the mirror. It is always wise to surround ourselves with people who make us a positive and a better human being."

Energies of two human beings don't match always and it is not really anyone's fault. Our energy diminishes in front of some people and enhances in front of some people. I feel that our duty as human beings is to evolve and become better with every passing year. So, 2015 taught me to surround myself with those people who can bring out the best in me and help me evolve. 

With the lessons learned in 2015, I am sure I have become a wiser and a stronger person. In 2016, I wish to do the things that will make my soul feel good. These few lines from a poem I had written long back will be my motto for 2016:


Let love be the lyrics
Let kindness be the music
Let your heart sing forever!

40 comments:

  1. A dynamite is a stick, but it packs a hell of a wallop! You are such a dynamite!

    Awesome post, Purba! Wish you a power-packed 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great.
      Thank you so much Rakesh. Wish you too a fabulous 2016 :)

      Delete
  2. It is great to know that you have won so many contests and so many of your stories and poems got published. Our family and friends are the once who really supports us. There are always people in our life who make us reach our best.

    Life does have both ups and downs. We should take lessons from both. We should always see both sides of the coin. It is important to see who were there with us when we were in the worst times and who we wanted to share our best moments with. Really nice post.

    Best wishes for 2016. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Our family and friends are always there in our ups and downs.
      Thanks for the comment. Wish you too a great 2016 :)

      Delete
  3. Those are great life lessons that one can take to heart. A heart warming post and good to know that your goals were met. Have a prosperous year ahead, and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Glad you liked the post.
      Wish you an amazing 2016 :)

      Delete
  4. Nice lessons and sorry about losing your cousin. Congrats for your books and good luck for 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With every year we learn a lot.
    Everyday teaches us and the complete year teaches a bunch of lessons.
    For me 2015 was best year in terms of learning And it made me strong to face 2016.
    Great to see that you are also a strong girl after all those ups and downs of life.
    Hope 2016 would be a blessed one for you in all aspects of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Yogesh. There are some years which give us a lot of lessons and make us strong at the end of it.
      I wish you too have a beautiful 2016 :)

      Delete
  6. A Roller Coaster Ride may be filled with feelings of anxiety, thrill and the unknown but the end forever is great happiness with a feeling of achievement.. Our life too is similar and going thru' a mixture of challenges and adversaries is ever a learning for us if seen in the true spirit which becomes the driving force within to lead this one life with full vigor and extra energy.. Well presented, Purba.. A happy and prosperous New Year 2016 to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfectly said. Thank you so much Sir for your insightful comment.
      Glad you liked the post. Wish you and your family a great 2016 :)

      Delete
  7. 2015 for me too was much like a roller-coaster ride with the heck of ups and downs. But brave is the one who learns from those downfalls and you are indeed a woman of substance. I am proud of whatever you've achieved dear and especially how you have stood up amidst all the obstacles life had to offer. Way to go dear and may you have a blessed 2016.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true darling! I am also very proud of your achievements sweetie. And I can always connect to you. Glad to have met you in 2015.
      Hope we can meet in person this year. And you too have a rocking and blessed 2016 dear :) <3

      Delete
  8. You did paragliding??? Awesome gal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes dear! And it was an amazing experience :) :D

      Delete
  9. Very inspiring quotes, Purba. And you're a personification of inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so generous of you, Ravish.
      Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  10. Hii Purba, congratulations! to you for all the success you achieved in 2015.
    And it is a sad thing that which I had heard from you before about your cousin :( I know how depression turns lives. And you kept her alive in your heart, she is always with you.

    All those quarrels and misunderstandings you had in 2015 will not be repeated anymore. Some are happened to teach you.

    Thank you for sharing your year review :)) Have a super blessing year, with double and triple the success rate. Both in personal and professional life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Prasanna for the wonderful comment and your bouquet of wishes.
      I think the saddest part of 2015 is losing my dear sister, but I have learned to deal with it in a better way now.
      Great to see you here and wish you too a great 2016 :)

      Delete
  11. Ah, I loved reading this! Cheers to learning more valuable lessons in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cindy. Great to see you here.
      Wish you an amazing 2016 :)

      Delete
  12. Ah, I loved reading this! Cheers to learning more valuable lessons in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to see you having a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. An awesome post and hope this year is more rewarding Purba :) Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Shashank. So glad you liked the post.
      Wish you too a fabulous 2016 :)

      Delete
  15. Warmed my eyes as I read this, dear Purba... Whenever life has kicked me down with pain, any sort of pain, I have reminded myself of a quote by Mother Teresa - Suffering is the kiss of God. You are a very very brave person, my friend. I am so proud of you! Keep spreading the light that shines within you. Sending warm hugs your way <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so true Arti. Thank you for enlightening me with this quote of Mother Teresa.
      Your heartwarming words are like a ray of sunshine in winter. Thank you so much dear. Hugs <3

      Delete
  16. I’m so happy seeing your success dear Purba. It’s been my utmost pleasure being connected with you in the year 2015, as it feels an emotional connect with a child who is so talented, insightful, soulful, cultured, well-groomed yet so modest. Whenever I see your success I feel proud of you as if you belong to me somewhere. And believe on me your smile is the best thing as you deserve to be blessed with it always.

    A very well written post about your achievements and learning! Life teaches us all but people who can extract the best out of it are the real winners – A WINNER YOU ARE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel exactly the same Ma'am. It's my sheer good luck that I got connected to you and Maitreni through Indiblogger last year. Both of you are such optimistic and beautiful souls that I always get motivated and inspired by your presence.

      And thank you so much for your encouraging and beautiful words. It touched my heart and soul. Love you. Hugs <3

      Delete
  17. You've achieved so much in 2015 and I feel you are one of the best writers I have encountered.
    There is no substitute for hard-work - absolutely. I feel pity when people ask me how I get audience! Well, they think of getting it overnight.

    Good luck with 2016...have a better one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment, Alok.
      Being an admirer of both your and Saru's writing, it feels humbling to hear such words.

      Wish you too all the very best for 2016 :)

      Delete
  18. Hello didi ! congrats to you for all success you have achieved in 2015. You've been brave. Sorry to hear about your cousin :( reminds me quote by sirius black.
    "The ones that love us never really leave us and you can always find them in here <3 " so I am sure your cousin is with you always.

    About your paragliding adventure again reminds me quote about sirius black
    "What is life without little risk ? "

    Hard work indeed has no substitute.
    You are an inspiration :)
    Thank you for sharing your review! wishing you wonderful 2016.
    Keep smiling :)

    Lots of love <3
    your brother
    - sachin :)

    P.S : I wont leave you ever :) <3



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know Sachin you carry a bouquet of positivity wherever you go. Your comment made me smile and I felt so peaceful.
      Thank you sharing those wonderful quotes. They are so relevant.
      Thanks for your lovely wishes and for being by my side always. Wish you too a great 2016, my sweet brother. Much love <3

      Delete
  19. Loved reading this post Purba.. and Happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to see you here and to know that you loved the post. Wish you too a beautiful 2016 :)

      Delete
  20. 2015 has really brought a big bouquet of achievements for you dear.. so proud of you and happy to be your friend. I wish you touch boundless heights of success this year too. Much love. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much for your lovely wishes, dear. I wish you too a happy and successful 2016. Lots of love, sweetie <3

      Delete
  21. Now thats the way of living! You did awesome gurl :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)