badge

Saturday 1 August 2015

Celebrating 3 beautiful years of Being an Author


The month of August has always been very special to me. My first book Walking in the streets of love and destiny released in August, 2012 and my second book The Hidden Letters released in August, 2014. 

So, as the August of 2015 arrives, I realize that I am a 3 year old author now. My father pointed it out to me and told me that we must celebrate the August of every year as your author birthday month.

As my father said, I am born twice on this Earth. One on June, 1990 as Purba, the daughter of my parents and another on August, 2012 as Purba, the author. This reminds me of the famous Mark Twain quote about the 2 most important days in your life.



I cannot thank the Universe enough for showing me the purpose of my life. This is the greatest gift that the Divine has given me. Even when I am hardest hit, deceived by a dear person or pain tries to drown me in the ocean of melancholy, my art makes me feel that life is a beautiful gift. I have only this life to live as Purba, the author and so, I want to do it in the best way possible.

Looking back on my journey today, it was a tremendous roller coaster ride where there were thorns and pebbles at every turn of the road. After the turn, there were again flowers and glitters. It feels surreal to look back on my journey and realize how I have grown bit by bit, with every passing day, how the universe kept providing ink to my pen and life inspired me through pain and joy alike.

2 novels, 4 anthologies, 1 almost finished manuscript and 1 work in progress.

So, yes! 3 Beautiful Years of Growth and Learning. I wish to write till my last breath. Writing is a kind of meditation or prayer to me. When I write, I feel that I am with God. 

I wish to share in this post the 3 magical and memorable moments of my life after being an author:

1. I was travelling by bus. A co passenger was standing beside me and kept ogling at me for a long time. I started feeling uneasy, although she was a girl. Suddenly, she told me that my face looks familiar and asked me what I do for a living. I told her I am a trainee and I am also an author. That is when she revealed that she has read my 1st book recently and it's among her favorites. I was surprised to find that this reader of mine identified me through that small author photograph in my book.

2. I was delighted to see my first book in the Kolkata Book Fair, 2013. My friends and I kept posing in front of the shelf where my book was kept. Right then, a girl told me with an irksome look to move from the front and bought my book in front of me. She said to her friend that the blurb looks interesting and she is sure that the novel will be great. The girl had no idea that the author was standing right beside her on whom she was annoyed. I managed to capture the moment when she picked my book.



3. When I narrated the story of "The Hidden Letters" to my Dida (granny), I could see tears in her eyes. This was a truly magical moment for me as she loved Anaya and empathized with her, just by listening to the story. Dida requested me to translate the book in Bengali one day so that she can read it. My Dida cannot read English and I plan to get a good translator for my book soon. 

Today, I want to thank my family, friends, book reviewers, publishers and everyone who has been a part of my journey as an author. But mostly, my readers for all the innumerable mails and messages that they sent to me. They really keep me going! After all, an author doesn't have any identity without the reader.


Top post on IndiBlogger.in, the community of Indian Bloggers

50 comments:

  1. Congratulations on this amazing feat :-) Many more great years to come :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Keep going...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what Purba - it is a big thing to find your orientation so early in life and you have found it. So when your dad says you are born twice he is absolutely right. The magical moments in your life are beautiful. Best wishes for the translated version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel really blessed, Somali. Thank you so much for your wonderful comment. It made me grin from ear to ear :)

      Delete
  4. congratulations didiii <3 may your books be translated in every language :D all the very best for future projects :) keep writing and inspiring people <3 lots of love ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the bunch of lovely wishes :)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations and I wish you many more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to read this bit about you Purba......I wish you more success in the coming years....It feels great to overcome one's grief and make a mark....very few are capable of doing that....and you are one of them......:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very well said, Sunaina. There were some moments in my life which were so testing that I wondered if I can ever achieve something on my own. Thanks a lot for your good wishes :)

      Delete
  7. Congratulations Purba.. you're truly a great inspiration and a wonderful author.. I wish I could just meet you in person and congratulate you and hug you for being what you are. I wish you all the luck for your future and I'm sure it's just a beginning, you will live forever as an author.. Your experiences are a great achievement and it's so good to hear about them.. God bless dear and Keep writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...Deeshani. Your comment took my heart away. Wish we meet someday. Hugs :-*
      I too believe that it's just the beginning and I have a long way to go before I rest. Thanks for your lovely wishes :)

      Delete
  8. No wonder a Wordsmith like you spells magic! You have what it takes to inspire the world dear. In just a mere span of 3 years and at such a young age, you have achieved the zenith what even maestros take time to reach. Way to go darling. My heartfelt wishes are always with you. You are the gem of a person I have ever met. Lots of love & Hugs dear <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear for these words of encouragement. It really means so much to me. You are also a gem of a person and your cheerful personality spreads so much happiness all around. Much love! Hugs <3

      Delete
  9. Many congratulations Purba... keep writing, shining and smiling... God bless :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Purba! Keep writing many such great books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. sweetly flowing narrative and congrats for gaining deserved success as an author!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Purba! :) Keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats :) I wish you more success in the years ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Purba!!! I can understand how it's feel like being an author, I remember I was in class 3 of an international school when I introduced them myself as an author their expression was a reward :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. congratulations for the anniversary... a great journey indeed and many more miles to go... All the best wishes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ashish for the lovely wishes :)

      Delete
  16. Many many Congratulations
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow.. congrats Purba.. You are inspiring me to finally start my own book.. I mst visit this space often :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and that's lovely, Roohi. I am sure your book will be amazing, like your blog posts. Best wishes :)

      Delete
  19. Congratulations Purba on achieving this milestone and may you have many more in future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great achievement! wishing you more success in life!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Going by the month, Mark Twain quote is so apt for you. Many congratulations on the rare accomplishment and wish you many more. And those moments are worth more than million bucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Saru for your lovely wishes. I really liked sharing those moments :)

      Delete
  22. Hey Purba,
    It's not been so long since we connected ! But the more I know you, the merrier it feels as if I'm proud of your achievements. You are truly a blessed child and I'm sure your Dad and Granny are the luckiest people having you. Do make them more n more proud the way you do.
    God bless you and bestow all the success and happiness upon you.

    Best,
    Sangeeta Mishra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ma'am, such words from you really mean so much. I was so delighted when I saw that you read my recent interview today. Your support, encouragement and soothing words make me feel so happy. I am lucky to come across you and Maitreni, through Indiblogger.
      Thanks a lot. You are a beautiful human being. Lots of love :)

      Delete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)