badge

Monday 13 July 2015

My Musical Nights

"I wait for the moon to inject the earth with rosy slumber
As I know you would embrace me with even greater passion this night"


I dedicate these lines to my magical and loyal companion, Music who makes my nights soulful, melodic and bearable. Being a writer, I have this habit of working till late night, especially when I am sitting with a manuscript. Night is the time when words flow smoothly from my pen and music make it even better. I sit with my laptop dealing with the life of my characters and music in low volume fills the ambiance of my room with ecstasy. In those moments, I feel life is a bliss.

Being an over thinker by nature, there are many nights when anxiety, loneliness and uncertainty grasps me, making my pen stutter at frequent intervals. This is the time when again, music makes it all bearable. It inspires, it placates, it makes me feel that life is such a beautiful celebration...celebration of love, celebration of friendship, celebration of joy and also the celebration of pain. Therefore, we have songs of all flavors because all these flavors together forms the enigma called life and needs to be celebrated.

Had we not been blessed with this human life, we wouldn't have been privileged to soak in the magical allure of music. I am going to share one of the playlists of my musical nights in this post. 




Before taking a look at my playlist, watch this video. The quirky moves of Alu Arjun and Anushka Manchanda will surely make you laugh.

Okay, now coming back to my playlist, here are some of my favorite songs that fill up my musical nights. Take a look:



The first song is Tum hi ho from Aashiqui 2.
I have really lost count of how many times I have heard this song till date. May be, over 1000? Well, can be. The incredible vocals of Arijit Singh mesmerize me every single time. 




The second song that features in my playlist is Nadaan Parindey of Rockstar. The lyrics and the music of this song takes me to a different world. What a song sung by the legend A.R Rehman and the amazing Mohit Chauhan!




The next song is Tujhe Bhula Diya from Anjaana Anjaani. The starting music of the song accompanied by Shruti Pathak's voice singing Naina lagiya baarisha just spreads all over me and Mohit Chauhan's vocals just take this song to a different level. This is one of the songs that had remained etched in my memory, ever since I had listened to it for the first time.




The fourth song on my playlist is Subhanallah from Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani. This song makes a huge smile appear on my face, every time I listen to it. Be it the Ranbir-Deepika chemistry in the song or the melodious voice of Sreeram, this song always alights my musical nights.



This song "Tum hi ho" from Rockstar sung by Mohit Chauhan and Kavita Krishnamurthy is definitely one of the most romantic and soulful songs that I have listened. This song has stayed with me always.



The sixth song in my list is Sun Saathiya of ABCD 2. This is my latest favorite song which I keep humming a lot these days. The perfect dance beats and the mellifluous voice of Priya Saraiya makes it quite a loved song.



The song Jiya re from Jab Tak Hai Jaan fills me up with a lot of adoration and love for myself. A very lively, peppy song that makes you fall in love with life and with yourself. And yes, I love the video too!



This song Dil ne tumko chun liya hai from Jhankar Beats reminds me of my high school days. The silky voice of Shaan, the melodious composition and the romantic lyrics always fill the ambiance with a lot of mush.




The Journey Song of Piku is so fresh, optimistic and beautiful that it always cheers me up, whenever I listen to it. The vocals of Anupam Roy and Shreya Ghoshal creates magic!

Music always rejuvenates us and makes us value life. So CELEBRATE MUSIC, CELEBRATE LIFE!

I really enjoyed making this playlist. Hope you enjoyed listening to it too :)

“I am blogging for #MaxFreshMove activity atBlogAdda in association with Colgate MaxFresh

22 comments:

  1. True Purba, It's music that makes us feel, life is a beautiful celebration. A wonderful musical post. I loved your playlist. Also, I discovered that you have quite similar taste in music as that of mine :) All the best dear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know that's exactly what I thought when I read your post on the same that we have quite similar taste in music. Thank you so much dear. It feels great when you can connect to someone on any level :)

      Delete
  2. And I forgot to mention, the lines in the beginning were like the cherry on top. Hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love most of these songs - and Ashiqui 2 gives that special feeling :) Best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly said Purba, music soothes our souls like no other! I loved your playlist and do share similar choices with you... very beautifully executed post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to know that we share similar choices in music! Thanks a lot, Maitreni :)

      Delete
  6. Most of the songs mentioned here are in my fav list :) I love the first two lines of post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A nice collection of songs here Purba.. My favorite from the list is Nadaan Parindey..but more than anything else Moon injecting the earth with rosy slumber is superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Somali for your lovely words :)

      Delete
  8. Ahan! someone seems to be a big fan of RB ;)
    I love the journey song too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha :D Kind of, the song of his movies are really nice :)

      Delete
  9. Yes, Purba, music is life. Beautiful selection of songs. It seems we are on the same frequency in terms of music. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so wonderful to know that, Ravish. Thanks a lot :)

      Delete
  10. Awesome collection Purba.. Music is indeed soulful :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Same here, Purba. Music, Night time, Writing - makes a perfect combination. That video is hilarious. I think dubbed in hindi.

    We have quite a similar taste. Music is soothing and infuses a fresh dose of energy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Purba

    Great video share music amazing work. would love to try it your blog.


    Regards
    Amit

    ReplyDelete
  13. Genuine Purba, It's music that makes us feel, life is a wonderful festival. A superb melodic post. I cherished your playlist.

    deepika padukone images in jeans

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice collection of songs. I like almost all the songs. Arijit Singh's songs are love :)

    LED LCD TV Repairing Course in Delhi
    LED LCD TV Repairing Course in Laxmi Nagar

    ReplyDelete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)