badge

Friday 12 June 2015

Monsoon…Music…Dance



Well, I love monsoons. Rain makes me want to sing and dance with joy. Actually music seems to be in total sync with the pretty drizzling sound of rain…isn’t it? 

However, walking in the water logged streets is not a pretty thing. And worst is getting stuck in the traffic during rain. It was one such day. I was stuck in the traffic for more than thirty minutes. It was drizzling constantly and there was no sign of the traffic to clear any soon. 

It was really boring, sitting in the taxi. And the worst was that I have forgotten to put my earphones in my bag. I am such a music fanatic that whenever I go out somewhere, I never forget to take my earphones. Music helps me deal with the most mundane of situations. 

As I was sulking about how bad the day is, I heard some loud music. It was the introductory music of the song Dum Maro Dum...Mit Jaaye Gham. I looked out of the window of my taxi to see from where the music is coming from, but to not avail. The other people stuck in the traffic also looked clueless and curious like me. Then, I could clearly hear the song Dum Maro Dum…Mit Jaaye Gham by Anushka Manchanda.

And then, as if it is a dream, I saw a group of dancers emerging from somewhere and dancing on the song being played. I was awestruck and looked at the dancers who danced between the cars stuck in traffic. And then, Allu Arjun joined them and made the ambiance rocking with his sensational dance moves. I felt that I am a part of the Step Up movie. I remembered I saw similar things in Step Up Revolution where the hero along with his group was dancing in the middle of the road. The slight drizzles made the setting all the more interesting.

 A still from Step Up Revolution (Image Source)



The song got over and as the new song Ek Mein Aur Ekk Tu started, I screamed in joy to see the singer, Anushka Manchanda joining the dancers and Allu Arjun with a smile.

It was fantastic and a dream-come-true moment to see one of my favorite singers, Anushka Manchanda performing live in front of me. She swayed her body with panache as she sang some of her songs such as Man Basiyo Saanwariyo and Dance Basanti.

As I am so fond of singing and dancing, I couldn’t resist anymore. I got out of the taxi and joined Anushka Manchanda and Allu Arjun. Many people stuck in the traffic joined them. It was such a delightful and rocking moment. 

Seriously, any situation, no matter how mundane it is can get charged with energy when there is some music and dancing around. I was swaying with Anushka in the most jubilant and carefree manner as she sang Dance Basanti when suddenly my phone started ringing. 

Ugh! I hated the shrill ringtone of my phone that moment.

My phone kept on ringing and I became irritated. I couldn’t find my phone and it kept on ringing. Anushka’s music did not make way to my ears now as the noise of the ringtone overtook it. And then, with a jolt, my dream broke. It was my Dad calling, asking me where I was. 

I was still stuck in the traffic and I realized that I had dozed off in the taxi. There was no such Step Up moment taking place in the road of Kolkata. 

Damn! The dream was so good. Wish it was true!

 I am blogging for #MaxFreshMove activity at BlogAdda.com. Are you?




26 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...loved the ending...you will definitely win :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you loved the ending. Yay!
      Thank you so much, Gaurab :)

      Delete
  2. Loved how you joined these things! Best of luck for the contest :)
    My thoughts and imaginations about being stuck in traffic provide me just terror :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha :D Same here, Teny. Getting stuck in the traffic is the worst thing ever.
      Thanks and all the best to you too :)

      Delete
  3. ..a beautiful dream you had.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Great ending! Best wishes, Purba!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It may turn out true, you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it was a dream ! You know this western trend is actually picking up in Mumbai. In Powai sometimes groups just assemble and do a jig, Its fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed the story and its twist. I was just visualizing the scene. Loved to dance in such situation. All the best for the contest! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha :D I am so imaginative that I keep imagining such things, whenever I feel bored. Thank you, Ravish :)

      Delete
  8. I love monsoons too... I am a rain-baby! :) you know Purba, Mumbai was flooded for two days when I was born ;)
    Lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same Pinch! I just checked that your birthday is 2 days before mine. It was raining heavily in Kolkata when I was born. Guess that's why I have a thing for rain :D
      Cheers! Monsoon is here :)

      Delete
    2. super cool... we can relate with each other totally then... :)

      Delete
  9. Yup, you had me going. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stuff we can dream off! Very interesting I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the ending, Purba... the dream was really refreshing.... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was such a versatile presentation.. I loved it to the core!
    Plus what an end Purba.. All the very best :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear for all the lovely words and your wishes :)

      Delete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)