badge

Wednesday 22 April 2015

Petrichor (FPFS~Day 3)




As I sip my coffee
Complaining about the unbearable heat;
A mollifying breeze caressed me
With a secret, silent promise.

I looked outside the window
Grey clouds had embellished the sky;
Will it rain finally?
Will there be a pinch of respite from the heat?

A loud thunder affirmed my words
I immediately pined for some showers;
Soon, the wind was agile
Gracefully taking the form of a thunder storm.

I marveled at the storm
Though there was no rain;
I took delight in the thunder
And the rustic wind that rustled my hair mercilessly.

Finally, my patience paid off
As I heard the chiming sound of drizzles;
The storm slowly ebbed down
As the rain took over it in all its valor.

The aroma of the damp mud
Captivated my senses;
The ambrosial green of the rain-washed plants
Appeased my soul and heart.

After an hour of endless pouring
The rain stopped abruptly;
Leaving behind many happy pluviophiles,
A contented earth and the deep lingering petrichor.

I have been tagged by my friend Kiran and my brother Sachin to take part in the Five photos Five stories challenge (FPFS) which is- Post a picture for 5 consecutive days and attach a post to it fiction, poem or short write-up. It can be anything to suit your taste.
 

I am tagging my friend Ankit who pens down wonderful poems on Day Three and as a part of challenge, I will tag a new person on Day Four.


14 comments:

  1. Beautiful and thanks for tagging me for this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ankit :)
      Looking forward to your posts.

      Delete
  2. lovely Purba :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it rained today here as well :) beautifully penned :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It rained here too but only for a few minutes :(
      Thanks, Sachin :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful poem and the photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can feel the rain through your words. Lovely poem Purba.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kiran. Wrote the poem as I am badly craving for rain in this summer heat :)

      Delete
  6. Oh! It's wonderful! Loved it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Amit.
      A warm welcome to my blog :)

      Delete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)