badge

Monday 27 April 2015

Don't just exist, Live!



To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. – Oscar Wilde

Look around you, you will find most people waking up in the morning, heading towards work and returning back home at night exhausted. They all exist, but how many of them live every day of their lives? People wait for an occasion or festival where they intend to celebrate shedding all their inhibitions, not realizing that we are always surrounded by happiness. It’s up to us whether we celebrate life everyday or wait for a grand occasion to enjoy ourselves.

If we start admiring the people and the things we are surrounded by, we will fall in love with life everyday and in the process, everyday of life will be a celebration for us. 

 (Image source: here)


Gazing at the sunset for a few minutes, spending some quality time with your loved ones and taking pleasure in your work can magically make a difference in each day of your life. All you need to do is open your arms to life, breathe in and say to yourself: “Life is beautiful”.

Here are the 6 things that allow me to celebrate every day of my life like it’s some festival:


My work: There can be no better happiness than getting paid for what you love and making your hobby a profession. I live to write and write to live. Therefore, as a content developer, freelance writer and as an author, I feel blessed to make a living and a profession out of writing.
 

My family: My Dad and Granny are my family. My entire world revolves around them. Spending an hour with them over a cup of tea everyday makes me feel life is so beautiful. 


My hobbies: Hobbies fill our lives with magic and beauty. I have two cherished hobbies since childhood: reading and singing. My life seems totally incomplete without music and books. So reading a book, singing a song or listening to my favorite music makes my day perfectly beautiful.

My friends: It’s true that I can’t catch up with my friends on a regular basis, but I have some really great friends with whom I am always in touch through messages and phone. They are with me in every small achievement and adversity of mine. They really make life worth living.

My readers: A writer thrives on the feedback of his or her readers. Therefore, when I find some beautiful and motivating emails from my readers in my inbox, my mood gets uplifted instantly. It feels surreal how deeply a stranger feels connected to an author through her books.

Nature: Spending even ten minutes with nature keeps me grounded, happy and helps me to appreciate life. Looking at the sunrise, reveling in the petrichor and watching a flower bloom in my garden has a huge healing effect on me.

Life itself is a celebration. Then, why wait for a particular occasion to celebrate life?

#CelebrateLifeAtIvy by owning a dream home at Ivy estate, an 85 acre estate with 34 acres of greenery and open spaces. Join the 1600 happy families already living here. Check out this walkthrough video and decide for yourself.

16 comments:

  1. I read and loved Teny's post and now reading your's on the same campaign and its unique....yes life is to live not just survive to enjoy and celebrate with closed one :) I come in the friends and readers category waise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Shweta. Life is to live and celebrate every moment, like reading your posts and comments in my post is one more reason to celebrate life. Happy to have such a wonderful blogger friend. Cheers :)

      Delete
  2. life is beautiful indeed :) yeah living a life just for money is meaningless. glad to be part of your life <3 lucky to be your brother :D <3 Keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really pity the people who live life just for money. There is so much to life beyond that. I am equally glad too, Sachin. Stay blessed :)

      Delete
  3. Life itself is a celebration indeed. family and friends along with our hobbies are just means to celebrate it a bigger way :-) And YES, Nature...my first love... :-)

    Beautifully written Purba.... It's nice campaign but, I missed it. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful to know Maniparna that you too love nature. I think most creative people have a thing for nature...it's the place they derive their maximum inspiration from :)

      I also missed reading your take on the campaign :(

      Delete
  4. I just feel one should do work with Passion...that will ensure that he enjoys that aspect.

    Being with Nature is so calming and i absolutely go with you on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! People should take pleasure in what they do. And yes, nature is really wonderfully soothing :)

      Delete
  5. lovely post Purba, and I can identify with every single point that you have listed here... :-) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. everyday is a joy to wake up. life is beautiful. lovely post Purba :)

    A Rat's Nibble

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right, we just exist. Mostly because we are in some sort of race. Btw, you sing and write. I mean two thing I admire the most. Admiring nature is super relaxing. I head to woods whenever I get time. Soothing post, so like me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true...we are always running...forgetting that life is all about the journey and less about the destination. Wow! That's great to know, Saru. Thanks :)

      Delete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)