badge

Saturday 7 March 2015

My letters to Ma!


(Source: Google Images)


Dear Ma,

They say that I can’t see you ever again. They say that you have become a star in the sky. I don’t believe them. How can you leave me, Ma? Who will make biriyani and the other tasty dishes for me? This cook makes such distasteful food. I go to bed hungry most of the days. Can’t you see that I can’t eat properly? Who will make me fall asleep? Can’t you see that I don’t get sleep at night? People say that I am suffering from insomnia. No, Ma. I am suffering from your separation. Who will protect me Ma from every danger? How can I live without you, Ma? Please come back to me. This paper is getting wet with my tears. Don’t make me cry so much. I won’t do any naughtiness, God promise. I will always listen to you. Please come back to me. If God has taken you away from me…then please tell God na that I need you so much. You used to tell that God listens to children always, then why God is not listening to my prayers? I don’t know where I should send this letter. So, I am keeping it beside your photograph. Please come back to me, Ma, please...

Jhum


After 12 years,

Dear Ma,

Thanks for being with me always. As I am going through the letter which I had written to you more than a decade back, I realize that my letter has not went unread. You have always been with me, Ma every single second. I could feel your soul guiding me every now and then, taking me out from every difficult situation, encouraging me when I have lost faith in myself, placating me when I need a healing touch and preventing me from every danger. I am inclined towards spirituality today just because I realize that there is something far beyond the physical existence. My soul can always feel your soul. I am trying to be a better writer, every single day. I know you are proud of me and you want me to work harder. I promise, I will. I have taken good care of Dad and Dida. They are well but you know, they miss you a lot. They find you within me as I am your lookalike. Everyone tells me that I look like you, speak like you and think like you. This is the best ever compliment for me. You live within me. Thank you for being with me always, Ma. Our bond will never perish. I love you more than anything else.

All my love and respect, 
Your daughter, 

Jhum

P.S. Jhum is my nickname and I had written these letters to my mother who expired when I was twelve years old. Although the letters are unsent, I know, deep in my heart that they are not unread. She is with me always. She is the one, who helps me to get back on my feet everytime I fall in life.

Top post on IndiBlogger.in, the community of Indian Bloggers

12 comments:

  1. I became really emotional, half way through the first letter. Your mom will be really proud of you. She would be happy to see the way you lead your life and take care of your loved ones.

    I feel she would also want you have food on time and maintain a bit of sleeping schedule, for your own health. Lots of affection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true, Gaurab. I definitely try to do so.
      And thank you so much for empathizing with my loss.

      Delete
  2. didi I've told you once when you published the letter in previous blog and same again , that your mom ,dad and dida will be really proud of what you are today as you have grown both as writer and as person with kind heart. wishing you all the happiness in the world.

    lots of love <3
    your brother sachin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sachin, for all the kind words. God bless you :)

      Delete
  3. Very poetic and heartfelt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very emotional letters, Purba. I believe it too; our loved ones always stay with us even when they pass away. Tc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Kiran. The soul connection always remains. Thanks :)

      Delete
  5. Your mom is one of the proudest, showering all her blisses from the heavenly abode. So touching...Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Susmit for the kind words.

      Delete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)