badge

Saturday 7 June 2014

My Role Model

I am writing about #MyRoleModel as a part of theactivity by Gillette India in association with BlogAdda.com.

A role model is someone who inspires you to walk in the right path of life to attain success.He is the person who enriches you with valuable lessons of life and fills you up with an invincible zest to be an achiever. He is the person who guides you through out the ups and downs of your life, wipes your tears when you are exhausted and helps you inculcate more courage with every failure.
My role model is undoubtedly my father for several reasons. I was twelve when my mother passed away. The day she passed away, I saw Dad crying like a broken sky. His tears knew no end and that was the first and the last time when I saw him so vulnerable. We shifted to a different place after that and my father donned the role of both the parents in my life with deftness. On one hand he had his hectic work schedule of being a business contractor and on the other hand he used to take care of me like Mom. From packing my tiffin to dropping me in school and bringing me back, he did everything which Mom used to do earlier. He cooked delicious dishes for me, talked to me like a friend and did everything to ebb down Mom’s absence.
I was eighteen years old when I was unsure about the direction of my life. Dad narrated me his struggle and told me to chase my dreams, believe my instincts and never give up. I learnt from him several virtues like resilience, patience and perseverance. When Mom passed away, it was Dad’s patience with which he brought me up so well. It was really difficult for him to be both Mom and Dad to a teenager child. I was moody and suffered from psychological problems but Dad never chided me. He handled me with utmost patience, concealing the pain of his wife’s demise. There was no one who pacified Dad at that moment but he never let his anguish affect me. He couldn't sleep well for four years after Mom's death but he made sure that I had a hearty sleep every single night.
I also learned how to love unconditionally from Dad. My Dad loved Mom very much and in fact he loves Mom with the same intensity even today. Not only did he took care of me after Mom’s death, he also took care of my maternal grandmother who was a patient of breast cancer then. He helped her recover from that malevolent illness and now granny, Dad and I stay together as a sweet happy family. Today when I am matured enough to empathize with Dad by being Dad’s best friend, I thank God for giving me such a wonderful father in this life. We keep talking about Mom, how Mom would have reacted in this place if she was there, what Mom used to believe, what Mom wanted and so on. I can see the twinkle on his eyes every time we talk about Mom. Dad has kept Mom alive in his heart forever. 
My Dad is the best human being I have ever come across. Whatever I am today, I am because of his values and upbringing. For being the world’s best father, for loving my Mom unconditionally and for inculcating several principles and values in me, my Dad is my hero. I really wish I can be more patient, calm and tolerant towards everything in the days to come. I really aspire to be a self-made successful person with wisdom and virtues as my limbs, just like my Dad.

4 comments:

  1. hats off to ur dad :) keep smiling di :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear. You too keep smiling always :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...
    Just like my daddy...He is also a single parent and he is my best friend.
    I guess we are all blessed to get such wonderful fathers!
    Be blessed always Purba...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey dear,
    I am so glad to know that. Regards to your dad from my side and wish you all the happiness of the world.
    Keep smiling :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)